Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to print out my paper before coming to the consultation if I have already attached it to the registration form or email?
Yes. You should never assume that the consultant has printed out your work even if you had attached it.
- Can I come to the WCC if I don't have anything written yet?
Yes, definitely. In this case, consultation time can be devoted to parsing the assignment, helping you generate ideas and come up with an outline.
- Can I get feedback on a long paper (more than 5 pages)?
Yes, but papers longer than 5 pages require a lot of time to read. The best thing to do if you have such a long project is to share the whole document with the consultant, but specify the sections you want to concentrate on during a single session.
- Are WCC services free for NES students and faculty.
- Can I sign up to work with a particular consultant?
Yes. You need to look up the working hours of each consultant on our web page, see their areas of specialty and register accordingly.
- Do I have to have an appointment if I want to meet with a consultant?
No. During the times specified on the schedule, you may show up to meet with any consultant who happens to be available. Students who make appointments, however, will be given priority.
- Can I come to the WCC for conversation practice?
Yes. You may come to the WCC for conversation practice or help with any aspect of oral or written communication.